4555 Hoffner Ave. Orlando, FL 32812   Tel: 407-251-1200   Fax: 407-251-0032     

© 2020 The Law Offices of Sidney A. Roman  All Rights Reserved

  • Admin

I was in a car accident. Who pays for what?

Updated: Aug 29, 2017

September 30, 2016

When you’re in a car accident, insurance, and who pays for what,  gets complicated fast. The auto insurance coverage you have, the coverage the other party has (if any), and who is at fault, dictates what you are able to recover for both your medical treatment, and as compensation for damages sustained as a result of your injuries. For example:

Did you know that if you are in an auto accident that is not your fault, and the at-fault driver doesn’t have Bodily Injury (BI) auto insurance: 

  • Paying for any additional medical expenses stemming from your accident falls back on you and any private health plan you may have

  • If there are no sources of insurance to recover compensation for your injuries from, then all you can recover are your medical expenses

Did you know that the State of Florida does not require drivers to carry BI insurance, and that a good number of Florida drivers don’t have it? 

Did you know that UM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) auto insurance protects you in this situation? Your UM policy would pay for any extra out of pocket medical expenses and provide compensation for your injuries and pain and suffering. UM coverage is well worth the money and we highly recommend having it, along with Bodily Injury, for when the situation is reversed.  

As an attorney who deals with accident victims and insurance companies every day, if you are injured in an accident, I can make sure you are receiving the maximum benefit from whatever insurance is available to you. For a free consultation please call 407-251-1200 or email sid@sidroman.com.

#accidentlawyer #caraccident #orlando #lawyer #SidRomanLaw #abogadodeaccidentes

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • LinkedIn Social Icon